Monday, May 21, 2007

Startup idea

That's TWO days in a row! I am a champion of consistency.

Lots of purchasing behavior lately: Bebo/Yahoo, Photobucket/MySpace, ad firm/search engine. Safe to say Bubble 2.0 is upon us.

How's this for a startup idea? A social network around donuts. Which varieties are best. Local vs. nat'l franchises. Top flavors and toppings. When people eat them, how they eat them. Videos of people eating donuts. Music of donut songs. Donut shaped widgets for your MySpace profile. Interactive donuts.

MyDonut. YouNut. 'NutBook. Along with advertising from donut shops, coffee/pastry/cardiace surgeons would pay high CPM's to obtain coverage. Hell, I could license the numerous songs to be synched with donut-oriented slide shows.

I think a fair value would be $750M. Which would come out to be about $75M per user. At that price I don't think I'd be selling out.

Man, I'm getting hungry. I could use a croissant or something right now.

No comments: